The gates are always open at Tathra Place Free Range and we always encourage everyone to make the two and a half hour trip down the highway to both participate and see first hand the amazing lives our animals live.
We will be hosting our very own farm tour from 10am hosted by Farmer Luke, Pia and the boys! Gates open from 9am Bookings essential.
Bring the kids and come and see our farm in action...Spring is a beautiful time of the year and we have lots of animals for you to meet including piglets, chicks, pigs, lots of chickens, ducks, cattle and our beautiful Maremma dogs Fluffy and Norbert. Its school holidays and a long weekend so come for the day and stay as little or as long as you like.
Tathra Place Farm Tour (1x Child)
Guided farm tours start at 10am and cost is $10 per adult, $5 per child over 2 or $25 for a family (2 adults and 2 children). You can even camp on our property if you like and spend the night under the stars for only $50. Bookings are essential for catering purposes.
Tathra Place Free Range farm, 2203 Wombeyan Caves Road Taralga NSW. 2.5 hours from Gymea Bay, 45kms from Goulburn. Directions will be given upon booking.
What to bring:
Covered shoes, sunscreen and hat
Chemical free BBQ sausage sizzle will be available on the day or why not bring a picnic and grab a blanket and enjoy the beautiful view while you watch the animals and wildlife on our property An amazing organic cafe has also just opened less than 10 minutes away in Taralga if you want to stop for a coffee or beakfast before you come. Explore nearby towns such as Wombeyan Caves, Crookwell, Laggan, Goulburn or drive through on your way to Canberra.
• Tour of the farm including:
- chicken brooder shed talk and cuddles with chicks and ducklings (learn about our deep carbon based bedding)
- pig talk and cuddles from our sows (learn about ethical farming from birthing to processing)
- laying hen chicken talk and collecting your own eggs (learn about the chicken caravan and how we use the chickens to improve our pasture)
- cow talk including mob grazing and disturbance rest regimes
Other Activities available:
• Feeding animals
• Meeting our chicks and ducklings
• Meeting our beautiful Maremmas Fluffy and Norbert
• Bike riding (bring your bike and ride around the farm!)
• Collecting wood/sticks for the bon fire
• Chopping up fire wood
• Bon fire (weather permitting) - BYO marshmallows
• See the wildlife (kangaroos, echidnas, rabbits, birds, wombats and much more)
• Play Cricket/Soccer/Footy or practise goal kicking with our full size regulation goal posts
• Mega Totem tennis
• Quad bike riding
Unfortuantely we do not offer refunds for this event. Please contact us if you have any special considerations or concerns.